We both finished our policy papers and feel several pounds lighter. Two of our lectures were canceled because our professor has been sick, so we've had some free time after the due date crunch on Tuesday. I've used my time to resurrect my computer to a semi-functional mode, get started on my next research project, shop for a few spring t-shirts, and plan the details of our weekend trip to Sorrento. Tonight we are going to a wine bar then home to pack for the weekend!
Our apartment is lovely in the spring. Several times we have moved our homework sessions outside and I bought a few flowers for the empty pots (couldn't resist, I had to acknowledge spring. There is a neighbor lady who talks/yells constantly in a high, frantic voice. I don't understand much but the other day she sounded pretty upset about pantaloni (pants). It's unusual background noise, anyhow. There are a few regular cats who walk along our back wall but won't give us the time of day. Below: Lauryn and Amanda homework-ing, eating lunch, and waiting for laundry to dry this weekend. We want to host an aperitivo social with some others in our group now that the weather is nice.
The downside of the patio is how well our plants support the zanzare (mosquito) population. They are eating me alive and mostly leaving the other two alone. I have been buying all kinds of repellent products and anti-itch stuff... the doctor at the farmacia tried to sell me pills too so I must have looked bad.
I'll throw in another picture here of Sunday evening when we went up to Fiesole for sunset, night lights, and dinner. Very beautiful, must go again before we leave...
Ciao, ciao...
Jenny
(Everything in Florence is still fine regarding the earthquake. I heard there was another aftershock yesterday. The locals are talking about it and it's in all the papers... it's been very sad to watch the news unfold. Keep your thoughts and prayers with them!)
No comments:
Post a Comment